Types of Membership
Active ~ Allied ~ Alumni
IDEA has three categories of membership: Active, Allied and Alumni. All memberships are by organization and run for the calendar year.
Active members are representatives of organizations which are involved in the day-to-day management of any segment of game and event presentation at a team or facility (including, but not limited to: video production, game ops and marketing personnel).
Active members include the people directly involved in the day-to-day operation, preparation, production and direction of the game and event presentation. Active members are also involved in staff hiring and training, the administration of budgets, dealing with advertisers, maintenance, selection of equipment and negotiations with manufacturers and suppliers. Active member organizations own and operate the complete range of electronic display products and systems.
Allied members are representatives of companies which supply goods and services to the event presentation and large screen video display industry (including, but not limited to, audio and video equipment, programming… both video and animation, music providers and display manufacturers).
Allied membership is available to organizations involved in the manufacture, sale and installation of electronic display systems as well as companies who provide peripherals such as computers, video and audio equipment and small display systems or services, such as architects, software writers, engineers and animation houses.
Alumni members are individuals who were formerly employed by IDEA member organizations and are no longer involved in the event presentation industry. Individuals who are listed on a member organizations roster, but are no longer affiliated with a member organization, can receive a complimentary Alumni membership for the remainder of that calendar year.
Benefits of Membership
- Eligible to attend IDEA's annual conference, the premier trade show and industry-wide educational conference of the Game and Event Presentation industry at a reduced rate.
- Networking opportunities in a relaxed environment. Make friends and connect with your peers.
- Eligible to share resources with members of your breakout group and/or the entire membership.
- Your company listed as a member on IDEA's website.
- Complimentary listing in IDEA's membership directory, a searchable online resource that is updated daily.
- Unlimited access to the member directory, an online resource for locating over 1,000 leading members of the industry.
- Complimentary job postings
- Unlimited access to member job openings.
- Advertising and marketing opportunities targeting those with purchasing power in their organizations.
- Numerous opportunities to present information in your area of expertise.
- Eligible to participate in the Golden Matrix Awards program, which recognizes the finest programming in the industry. (Active members only)
- Educational and career development opportunities.