IDEA membership is open to those organizations involved in the event presentation industry.
Active members are those organizations which are involved in the day-to-day management of any segment of game operations at a team or facility (including but not limited to: video production, event presentation and marketing personnel).
Active members include the people directly involved in the day-to-day operation, preparation, production and direction of the event entertainment. Actives are also involved in staff hiring and training, the administration of budgets, dealing with advertisers, maintenance, selection of equipment and negotiations with manufacturers and suppliers. Actives own and operate the complete range of electronic display products and systems; large screen video displays, black-&-white and color lamp animation and matrix boards, interactive, video walls and simple one and two line message centers. Their control equipment runs the gamut from basic alphanumeric message controllers to full scale, professional television production studios.
Allied members are those companies which supply goods and services to the event presentation and large screen video display industry (including, but not limited to, audio and video equipment, programming… both video and animation, music providers and display manufacturers).
Allied member participation has contributed to a greater and more sympathetic understanding and appreciation of both sides of the industry by all parties. Allied membership is available to those companies involved in the manufacture, sale and installation of electronic display systems as well as companies who provide peripherals such as computers, video and audio equipment and small display systems or services, such as architects, software writers, engineers and animation houses.
Alumni members are individuals who were formerly employed by IDEA member organizations and are no longer involved in the game operations industry. Individuals who are listed on a member organizations roster, but are no longer affiliated with a member organization, can receive a complimentary Alumni membership for the remainder of that calendar year.
Benefits of Membership
- Eligible to attend IDEA's annual conference, the premier trade show and industry-wide conference of the electronic display/game presentation industry at a reduced rate.
- Networking opportunities in a relaxed atmosphere. Make friends and connect with your peers in a face-to-face environment.
- Eligible to share resources with members of your breakout group and/or entire membership.
- Your company name listed as a member on IDEA's website.
- Unlimited access to the Members-only sections of the IDEA website.
- Complimentary listing in IDEA’s membership directory, a searchable online resource that is updated daily.
- Unlimited access to IDEA's membership directory, the ultimate online resource for locating over 1,000 leading members of the industry.
- Advertising and Marketing opportunities targeting those with purchasing power in their organization.
- Numerous opportunities to present information in your area of expertise.
- Eligible to participate in the Golden Matrix Awards program, which recognizes the finest programming in the industry. (Active members only.)
- Educational and career development opportunities.
- Complimentary job postings.
- Access to the latest job openings in the industry.
- Opportunities for discounted pricing on goods and services from IDEA’s Allied members. (Based on Allied member participation.)