Information Display & Entertainment Association is the premier professional association for people in the big screen / event presentation industry. Founded in 1982, IDEA members represent teams, public facilities, manufacturers and suppliers worldwide. IDEA encompasses all branches of the sports, entertainment and convention industries, including baseball, basketball, football, hockey, racing, soccer, arenas, convention centers, stadiums and universities. The purpose of IDEA is to foster and cultivate the professional, educational, creative and technical standards of its members.
More to Video in Sports than SportsCenter
A Sports Entertainment Workshop
July 10, 2017 at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown
For the first time IDEA is offering an informational hands on workshop for high school and college students. The purpose is to introduce this robust industry to future potential stars.
The workshop will include:
- Two separate workshop tracks. One for high school age students and one for college.
- a panel presentation from various members of the IDEA members representing a large spectrum of digital media including but not limited to NCAA, NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA, & Minor Leagues.
- One on one lab with instruction from broadcast professionals.
- Facility Tours of Philadelphia Area Professional Sports Arenas: Lincoln Financial Field, Wells Fargo Center
- Opportunities to talk to potential employers in the industry and establish career objectives.